Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chapter 14: Sleep and Then Sleep Some More


After having my stroke, I was told the best healer for a stroke was sleep.  They told me to sleep often.  This in my opinion felt more like giving approval to sleep tons because I sure wasn’t struggling to get to sleep. 

Those first few weeks, make that months, after my stroke I was asleep more than I was awake.  Slowly it tapered off to a long afternoon nap and a very long night’s sleep.

I thought by now I would not need a nap, but no.  I am still napping, still sleeping the night away.  

I don’t know if this means my brain is still healing…I hope!   
But if I don’t get my sleep, I am in more pain.  I get overwhelmed easier.  I cry more. I'm no fun to be around.  I don't even want to be around me.

So I guess I just keep sleeping.  Just call me Sleeping Beauty. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment